Thursday, October 1, 2015

Fall Book Sale 2015


Today was one of the best days of the year: the library's used book sale!  I spent my lunch break perusing the fiction section of the sale and walked away with 25 books for $20.00 ($0.80 per book!).  You simply cannot beat the fun of the search and the finds you bring home for that price!  As always, the list:

The Christmas Train by David Baldacci.  I plan to read some Christmas novels during the holiday season (actually, I don't think I have a choice - it's on my 101 in 1001 list!) so I thought I'd grab this one.  I've never really read any holiday novels so I'm skeptical as to how Christmas-y they can feel.

One Summer by David Baldacci.  This book was already on my to-read list and will join Wish You Well, the only other Baldacci novel (Christmas reads excluded, of course) that I have any interest in reading and one I bought several book sales ago.

Expecting Adam by Martha Beck.  I didn't realize this was a memoir until I checked out Beck's website.

Hold Tight by Harlan Coben.  I picked this one up when I accidentally wandered out of the general fiction section into the mystery section but I don't think that was necessarily a bad thing.

The Care and Handling of Roses with Thorns by Margaret Dilloway.

The Confessions of Max Tivoli by Andrew Sean Greer.

The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom. Another novel already on my to-read list.

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.  I've read this book before and really enjoyed it so I decided to add it to my collection.  I hope to re-read it someday.

Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline.  Yet another on my to-read list.

Sweet Water by Christina Baker Kline.

A Christmas Blizzard by Garrison Keillor.  A thought this sounded like a cutesy Christmas read.

The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd.  Another book I've read but really enjoyed so wanted to have a copy in my library.  Also another one I hope to re-read someday.

I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb.  I ran into a friend at the book sale and she said I should grab this one.  I'd heard of this novel but never read the synopsis until today and I must say I think it sounds wonderful!  I'm glad someone told me to to finally look into this novel.

To Kill a Mockingbird.  I actually just finished re-reading this book a couple of weeks ago and needed to have this classic in my home.

Wicked by Gregory Maguire.  This novel wasn't actually on my to-read list but I've been interested in reading it for quite some time.  Pretty excited to hear the wicked witch's side of the story!

The House at Riverton by Kate Morton.  I haven't read anything by Morton but The Secret Keeper is on my to-read list.

Things I Want My Daughters to Know by Elizabeth Noble.

Songs WIthout Words by Ann Packer.  I read The Dive From Clausen's Pier ages ago and remember enjoying it so I thought I'd try another novel by Packer.

Run by Ann Patchett.

Swamplandia! by Karen Russell.  I thought this book sounded very unique!

Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld.  I have American Wife on my shelf but haven't yet read it and I think it will probably have to wait because I'll be reading Sisterland first.

Opening Skinner's Box: Great Psychology Experiments of the Twentieth Century by Lauren Slater.  I'm leery about books like this but if nothing else, I feel like I will come away with interesting tidbits that I can research on my own to get facts.

Reunion by Lauraine Snelling.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  I already own this book but it was the movie adaptation cover (book snob, I know!) and I wanted the prettier bird cover.

The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.  I've heard great things about this memoir.


Happy reading!

No comments: