Monday, October 19, 2015

101 in 1001, Round 2 - Update 4

In mid-July my mom joined me as I crossed off "Attend the Garden Walk" from my 101 in 1001 list.

Every summer a local art school hosts a garden walk in which homeowners around town open up their beautiful gardens for the public to stroll through.  The tour took us through the historic district of town so not only did we see beautiful flora and fauna but charming architecture; I wouldn't have minded a few home tours as well!  This year's walk was the first time for both my mom and me but I don't think it will be the last.  My mom has a very green thumb so obviously this event is right up her alley and despite the fact that I have a black thumb I enjoy looking at and learning about flowers and plants.

I took nearly 100 photos of the wonderful flowers, plants, and houses we saw along our tour but somehow I deleted them all.  Luckily for me my mom had some that I could share here on my blog.

Our first stop brought us to a beautiful home that I hope is on the tour next year so I can be creepy and re-take the house photos I had.  In the back there was a beautiful patio area that reminded me of something you'd see in the movies and in one of the corners of the yard was this awesome brass kaleidoscope.  The bowl of flowers spun to provide the colors for the kaleidoscope and let me tell you, those were some stunning images!


This was, in my opinion, the most charming house we saw.  How could you not smile every time you pulled up to your house if it looked as lovely as this?



These hydrangeas were so ridiculously huge; I would venture to say they were about the size of a baby's head!  Mitch and I tried our hand at hydrangea bushes several years ago but they didn't survive (apparently new plants don't like to be ignored!) and these inspired me to try again.  I love the perfectly round ball shape and the dainty little petals that make it up.


The hydrangea house also had a lovely backyard with lots of colorful flowers and some awesome pots!


No comments: