Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Utah Vacation - Day 2

Our second day in Salt Lake City wasn't any more exciting than our first day.  Mitch had conferences all afternoon and I just bummed around the hotel room.  It was a nice, relaxing day of sleeping in and reading my book.
That evening we ate downtown (had a delicious Philly cheese steak sandwich and cheesy fries) and then wandered around the city for a while.

I love when cities don't forget about including trees and other greenery alongside the concrete and buildings.


Mitch after our dinner.  I think the cheesy grin is a result of all the cheese he ate at dinner.


Love me some pretty buildings!


Salt Lake City has flags for pedestrians to carry across the street so they can be seen.  I didn't actually cross this street but couldn't pass up a photo op.  I also like that they had LOOK painted on the streets at each crosswalk.  Apparently this city really cares about its pedestrians!



Unfortunately that is all I have to report on our second day!  Stay tuned for Day 3!

No comments: