Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Utah Vacation - Day 1

The reason for Mitch’s trip to Salt Lake City was for the National Fraternal Order of Police National Conference.  I had no real reason to go; just tagged along because I’d never been to Utah and I wanted to take advantage of the chance to meet a wonderful blog friend!

Mitch and I were up at 3:00 in the morning to get to the local airport by 5:00; I did not think that was an appropriate time to leave for a vacation but the airlines didn’t ask me my opinion on the matter.  Our group flew to Minneapolis, had a short layover, then flew to Salt Lake City.  Mitch took this photo as we flew into the city.  The only thing to report about the flights was that I had to sit next to a woman wearing one of the worst perfumes ever made.  I don’t think people should be allowed to cover themselves in any type of scent when they are going to be in a confined space with a large group of people.

Our first afternoon and evening in Salt Lake City didn’t consist of anything too exciting.  Mitch and his colleagues got checked in at the conference center, our group checked into the hotel, we walked around The Gateway (an outdoor mall), and a couple of us drove to Wal-Mart for some necessities.  It was a nice day but I was sure happy when bedtime rolled around; I was exhausted!

I forgot to take photos of our hotel room, so I had to steal some off the hotel's website.



A king-size bed right next to the window.  In the mornings, the sun would shine in on my side of the bed; it was a marvelous way to start the day!



 

We turned the dry bar into "snack central."  It was much more fun that way!


I was quite impressed with our toilet seat.  It was one of those fancy models that closes automatically - and slowly - with just a little nudge from the user.  So entertaining!


And here were the views from our room.

Day 2 coming up!

No comments: