Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Recap

Mitch and I spent Thanksgiving Day with my father's side of the family. The day was gorgeous, the food delicious, the company fabulous.


My cousins and I spent the majority of the day outside enjoying the beautiful weather and pretty North Dakota surroundings. We began the afternoon by taking nice photos like this one of my husband and me . . .


and then we decided to play "America's Next Top Model." We found countless photo opportunities. Here I am strutting my stuff by the wheelbarrow of fat (every Thanksgiving my family makes homemade meat products),


Cassie making kissy faces by the chicken coop,


and Mollie demonstrating the "farmer wave" in a John Deere.


As you can see, we're a talented group of girls. There are already plans in the work for a summer session. Stay tuned, folks!

Unfortunately, I was having too much fun being ridiculous that I didn't take many other photos that day. Here is one of the few I did manage to get. I love spending time on my grandparent's farm; it's such a wonderful place.



On Friday, Mitch and I celebrated round two of Thanksgiving. We joined my in-laws and brother-in-law for a delicious dinner and a game of Mexican Train Dominoes (great game if you're looking for a new one to try). We enjoyed more family time on Saturday with some bowling, pizza, and a movie. I married into a wonderful family - I love spending time with them.

Another awesome Thanskgiving. Now bring on Christmas!

2 comments:

amber said...

love the tree photo!

I am glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Ter said...

you live in North Dakota too?? I'm just north of you on the Canadian side of the border! :)