Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009 Recap

Christmas 2009 was like no other Christmas before it. For the first time in 28 years, I didn't get to spend Christmas Day with my father's side of the family. An intense blizzard swept through the state, leaving any travel plans that a person had from the 24th through the 26th in the dust. So, celebrations changed and while it was a still a nice holiday, it just wasn't the same.

On the evening of Christmas, Mitch, my sister and her boyfriend, and I joined my parents for festivities. We ate a delicious dinner, exchanged gifts, and played a couple of games of Mad Gab. It was a fun evening and though it wasn't what had originally been planned, it was a great change of plans.

Yesterday, Mitch and I spent the day with his parents. We exchanged gifts, did some Wii bowling, ate a delicious dinner, and played a couple games of Hearts. I'm very lucky to have in-laws that I enjoy spending so much time with.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Great family photo! Sorry to hear the storm caused some changed in your plans, but it sounds like you guys had a good time. :)

amber said...

We got snowed in at my parents place and ended up leaving a day later. Great family picture of you guys!

Caity said...

That family photo is fantastic! I'm sorry that the blizzard changed your plans around and you didn't get to see your relatives but I'm glad you had a nice Christmas regardless and at least everyone was safe. Merry Christmas!