Sunday, November 1, 2015

Thankful Day 1

I am thankful all year round - there's no doubt about that - but I really enjoy taking a little extra time in November, the month known for showing gratitude, to stop and reflect on those things for which I'm thankful.  So from now through Thanksgiving, I will be sharing those things that make me feel so very blessed.


Thankful Day 1:  Today I am thankful for a husband who wouldn't let me back out of our "work-out date."  It felt great (hard, but great) to start running again.

I haven't been taking very good care of myself for quite some time now.  I quit roller derby in the summer of 2014 and haven't exercised since (despite the fact that I have two free gym memberships through my employer!).  Combine my lack of movement that with my love of sugar and you have clothes that don't fit anymore and a constant feeling of uncomfortable blah.  I know I need to make changes, I'll be the first to admit that, but I always find a "reason" to put off the hard work until another time.  I'm honestly not even sure why I make excuses because I know how good it feels to take care of yourself.  So, knowing I couldn't count on myself, I enlisted my husband to help keep me accountable.  Mitch has been working out diligently for the past year and doesn't listen to excuses (about anything, ever!).  I knew if I scheduled a date with him to go to the gym, I'd have to keep it.  I was right, he didn't let me skip; believe me, I tried!

So, Mitch and I ventured to the gym and each got our running (and lots of walking for me) done this morning, him on a treadmill and me on the indoor track.  I'm starting out slow and steady using my tried-and-true walk to run program.  Even though I didn't do much running, it felt wonderful to do those few minutes that I did.  I'm really excited about getting back into this activity and then crossing some of those running goals off my 101 in 1001 list!


No comments: