Thursday, October 9, 2014

Fall Book Sale 2014

Fourteen dollars left my pocket but 17 books came home with me last Thursday after the library's used book sale (that's 82 cents per book, my friends!).  I'm very excited about my finds and can't wait to get started on them; it's going to be difficult which of them to read first!



As always, here is the list of my purchases:

Joy for Beginners by Erica Bauermeister

The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian.  I loved Midwives but didn't make it very far into Before You Know Kindness so I'm curious to see where this one ranks.

Kindred by Octavia E. Butler

The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

Under the Big Top by Bruce Feiler.  I think this book has the potential to be very interesting!

The Widower's Tale by Julia Glass.  This novel was already on my to read list and I didn't even realize that when I bought it.  I obviously think this book sounds good if I've chosen it on two separate occasions.

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.  I've read this book and it ended up on my all-time favorites list so I had to bring it home when I saw it.  If you haven't yet read this novel, I highly recommend it.

Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson

Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen

The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty.  Another novel already on my list of books to read.

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.  I've read this book but, like The Kite Runner, it made it onto my favorites list and I had to bring it home with me.

The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold.  I enjoyed The Lovely Bones so it will be nice to read something else by this author.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.  Another book already on my list of books to read.

A Wedding in December by Anita Shreve.  I've been collecting Shreve's novels over the last couple of book sales but I have yet to read any of them.

We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver

The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright


Happy reading!

1 comment:

aschmalz83 said...

Gods in Alabama is really good. I think I've read three of Joshilyn Jackson's books.

I also enjoyed the Mermaid Chair.

I've heard so many things about The Husband's Secret. It's on my to-read list. You'll have to let me know how you like it!