Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Badge and a Birthday

Tuesday was a very special day for me and my family.

After six years as a patrolman, Mitch earned a promotion to Sergeant.  Not only did he receive a Sergeant's badge, but it was the badge his dad had when he was a Sergeant at the police department.  I couldn't imagine a a more special way to acknowledge this promotion.  I'm so proud to be part of this family of blue.  Congrats, Mitch!





The other big event of the day was my mom's 60th birthday!  I can't wrap my head around the fact that my parents are both 60 years old; when I was younger 60 seemed so old but my parents don't seem old at all (one of the reasons they are kinda sorta cool)!  To celebrate, my parents, sister, Mitch, and I went out to dinner to one of our favorite restaurants then to my parents' house for homemade peach pie (my mom is a wonderful baker) and presents.  It was a lovely evening.  Happy Birthday, Mom!  

1 comment:

Karen said...

Exciting! Congrats to Mitch!