Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Fever Challenge: Week 5

Life's Journey with a Smile


I forgot to update you all last week on my progress with the Spring Fever Challenge; does that give you a sense of how well I've been doing with my goals? Yikes! I wanted to skip updating this week as well and have actually thought about quitting this challenge altogether. *Sigh*

Here is a little reminder of what my goals are:
Start walk-to-run program
Limit desserts to two a week
Limit Facebook logins and blog reading to once a day
Use my DSLR camera at least once a week
Complete five things from my 101 in 1001 list
Spring organizing and purging
Take Crickett for a walk at least three times a week

1. What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals?
Goal #1 - Nothing to report yet. I love running and I love how good it makes me feel so why is it I can't get motivated to do it?

Goal #2 - BIG fail here. I lost all self-control when the Easter baskets arrived. That darn Easter bunny!

Goal #3 - Not my best week. I didn't spend much time reading blogs but I did hop on Facebook quite a bit.

Goal #4 - Forgot about this goal yet again.

*Can you see why I didn't want to report on my "progress"?*

Goal #5 - I did complete one thing from my 101 in 1001 list. I donated money to a needy Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I'll share her story sometime this week.

Goal #6 - No organizing or purging in Week 5 but I did manage to do a little in Week 4. I attacked some of the mess in my scrapbooking room and it felt good.

Goal #7 - Crickett and I made it on two walks and this next week is supposed to be nice so I expect we will get out at least three times.

2. What did you do this past week to make you feel good about yourself?
I actually curled my hair one day rather than throwing it up in a ponytail like I usually do. I know it sounds like such a simple, silly act but I feel more attractive (and, thus, confident) with my hair down.

3. It's May! What were your victories in April? Challenges?
April was a good month in terms of health and happiness but it was also quite challenging mentally.  When I feel overwhelmed with school and work, I let everything else fall by the wayside and that is exactly what happened in April.

4. Do you have any plans for the challenge in May?
My plans for May will be to actually challenge myself with the goals I set at the beginning of this challenge. I'm tired of reporting about my lack of success!

5. Fun Question: What is your favourite type of ethnic cuisine?
Definitely Italian!

Positive Picture
An ad I cut out many years ago:

2 comments:

amber said...

I'm having a hard time getting motivated to run too.

Hopefully, next week will be better! I fear that I won't be ready for my 5k in June!

Anonymous said...

Keep going and trust yourself, you can do this.