Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thursday 13: March in Review



Thirteen tidbits from the month of March that I never got around to mentioning.


1. Crickett got her first haircut. When the gal at the pet store asked us in clipper length how short we wanted Crickett’s hair and we said we had no idea, she showed us swatches of fur! I never knew there were so many decisions to make for a dog’s hair. In any case, our little girl came home about half the size she left and at least twice as adorable.

2. Another library book sale. (Yes, you have to hear about another one.) I went in expecting to pay per pound and was pleasantly surprised to find out it was only $1.00 per bag. I got 21 books for $1.00 - my best year yet!

3. I rearranged the furniture in the living room. The new layout is so much better - I wish I would have thought of it sooner!

4. Mitch and I put the phrase "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" in vinyl letters above our headboard. Clocks were also hung in the bathrooms. Slowly, but surely, I'll get the walls in this house covered. It's only been about 15 months, after all!

5. When I told my parents about the burn on my arm, my dad said "Did you not know the pan was hot?" Thanks, dad.

6. I found a new purse!

7. Crickett advanced from "puppy" to "dog" food. She seems to like the new kibble more than the last - she'll actually eat out of her bowl instead of waiting for me to throw the food all over the floor.

8. I read A Reliable Wife. I was not impressed in the least.

9. The new recipe for the month was "Pineapple Sweet & Sour Chicken." It was delicious, green peppers and all. (And because I didn't mention it, February's new recipe was "Easy Cheesebuttons.” While it was a good dish, it was no substitute for the real thing.)

10. I got in one measly run. I have been less than consistent with that since my race in September. Hoping to catch a motivation bug here soon.

11. America's Next Top Model started its 14th cycle and I got sucked back in yet again. I guess everyone has a guilty pleasure or two.

12. Mitch, Crickett, and I took our first family walks of the year. It's great to see the neighborhood buzzing with activity again.

13. Before one of our walks, Mitch decided he would change into shorts He was nervous about them not fitting and when he discovered they still fit said "This is going to be a good summer." I love the things my husband says.


More Thursday 13!

3 comments:

Dana said...

New Guy is still just as funny as he was when we first met him!! LOL! Love #13!

Kerri Farley said...

It's great catching up with you!! sorry I haven't visited your blog recently....I'll work on that!
I LOVE how you said cricket came home half her size but twice as adorable!!

Unknown said...

dear mrs. lazy-blogger-girl,
i tagged you.

Monica