Monday, April 12, 2010

Late Night Memories

I still think about you. I don't think anyone knows that but me. For some reason, my thoughts of you come mostly at night when I can't sleep. Perhaps that is because we have so many late night memories together. We have so many memories, period.


You helped me with one of my architecture models by volunteering to take on the excruciating task of teeny tiny toilet making.

You took me to the emergency room when I sliced my pinkie on a broken glass while doing the dishes.

You were Ms. Moon and I was Ms. Sunshine.

You ran around the apartment complex with me, splashing in the rain puddles.

You were the one who looked after me while I was on muscle relaxants and all I could do was lay on the couch and giggle.

You knew when I had been up at night cleaning even if I hadn't made a peep.

You made me a certificate for dancing at our friends' wedding when you knew how hard it was for me to get out on the floor.

You were completely honest with me about my clothing choices. I still hear your voice telling me I can't pull it off when I see a shirt with ruffles.

You never hesitated to buy new books and let me borrow them even if you hadn't yet read them yourself.

You brought home movies for us to watch after your shifts at the video store.

You pointed out that "indeed" cannot be placed just anywhere in a paper. You also pointed out my excessive comma use, which I think is still a problem.

You chatted with me online even though we were only twenty feet away from one another.

You loved me like a sister.


I understand that life takes people down different paths but that doesn't mean I'll ever stop missing the road we traveled together.

I still think about you.

3 comments:

amber said...

I love this! There are many, many, days that I miss the times spent with my best friend. Sometimes the amount of missing I do is overwhelming.

teacherwoman said...

What a great post! Well written! Love it!

Caity said...

Oh how sweet!! It almost made me cry.