Monday, April 26, 2010

Feelin' Special

I'm special! Look at my award!


Thanks, Stacy!

The rules:
Accept and thank the person who gave it to you!
List 10 things about yourself.
List 5 things you don't like.
Pick ten people to give this lovely award to!


About Me:

1. I have 10 aunts and uncles on each side of the family. On my dad's side of the family there are seven girls and four boys. On my mom's side of the family there are seven boys and four girls. Weird, huh?

2. I am four years older than Mitch and my sister is a year older than him. We tease him about being the baby of the family. He gets back at me, though, by saying things like "Remember when you were a freshman in high school and I was a fifth grader?"

3. Mitch and I don't buy each other gifts for special occasions (i.e. birthdays, anniversary, Christmas). We'd rather save our money to DO things together.

4. I love eating cherry pie filling out of the can. It has to be cold, though.

5. I think orange juice goes with just about everything. Mitch was disgusted yesterday to learn that I had a glass with my pizza at lunch.

6. I'd rather have pie than cake. Peach pie is my favorite.

7. I enjoy reading instruction manuals.

8. I think babies are overrated. Give me the three-year olds.

9. I don't wear make-up of any kind; I don't even own any.

10. I have my belly-button pierced.


Dislikes:

1. Being cold. I function well at 80 degrees.

2. Being hungry.

*Combine 1 & 2 together and you have a VERY crabby Holly. Mitch can attest to that.*

3. Whistling. I find this to be one of the most obnoxious sounds to hit my ears. I could tolerate a lot of noises in my classroom, but whistling was not one of them. If a student started whistling, I would immediately say "This is not a whistle while we work classroom. Whoever it is, please stop!"

4. I have to copy Stacy here and say wind. Bad state to live in if you don't like the wind.

5. When people don't know when to use lend versus borrow. I actually had a college English professor say to a classmate of mine, "I'll borrow you my book." REALLY?


If you want to feel special, too, go ahead and accept this award from me!

3 comments:

amber said...

I get grumpy when I'm hungry too. I am a huge fan of hot weather and I rarely wear make-up either.

Shayla said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA ohhhh girl!!! I'm saving the "this is not a whistle while you work classroom" ohhh hahahahaha!!! I started laughing so LOUD when I read that!!!

I cant wait to be a teacher and have awesome lines like that :)

Karen said...

I'm totally with you on #8. Toddlers are definitely more fun than babies.

Also, how is it possible that you don't own any makeup? Not that you need it... I just mean from a girlie stand-point. I get sucked into buying all those magical potions all the time!

And you seriously have a belly button ring? Totally unexpected. How is it you don't own makeup but you have a belly button ring? You're an enigma.

p.s. My Spanish teacher used to hate whistling too. She's always yell "No silbas en mi clase!" So of course we'd whistle on purpose. :D