Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Mishmash

I can't seem to write a "normal" post as of late, so here is another post of my random thoughts.

  • I watched "Julie & Julia" last night. It was a wonderful movie and I highly recommend it. I don't even cook, so imagine how much you'll enjoy it if you are someone who cooks!

  • While on the topic of cooking, I have yet to make a new recipe for the month of February. There are only six days left - yikes! Would a side count? I got a popover pan for Christmas from my in-laws and since I've never made popovers before, I would technically be trying a new recipe. Thoughts on this important topic, please.

  • I hate washing my hands when I have a bandage on my finger. I find it incredibly annoying how they rarely stay put and I end up having to change it several times a day. Oh, the issues I have.

  • I've been having really weird dreams lately. My favorite thus far has to be the one in which Mitch bought a house out of the blue without consulting me. It was a $600,000 house on sale for $150,000 - he said he couldn't pass up such a great opportunity. While the house had a whole wall of windows that overlooked the river, the layout didn't make any sense and it was somehow attached to a college dorm. I didn't know what the outside of the house looked like so every time I tried getting home, I got lost and had to call Mitch (perhaps I should have got our address from him). It wasn't until Mitch was driving us somewhere that I actually got to see what the house looked like. I was extremely disappointed to find out that it was yellow and surrounded by a giant asphalt parking lot instead of a yard. At the end of the dream, Mitch came to the conclusion that there had to be something wrong with a house that sold for $450,000 less than the original price and he said we were going to resell it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Julie and Julia!! Fabulous movie!
And dreams are quote peculiar! :)

teacherwoman said...

I haven't seen that movie yet, but want to.

I think you could make popovers and call it a "new meal"... just my idea. serve them with some sort of "new" soup recipe?

That dream was very interesting, and full of details. hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the bandage thing ... I've one on my thumb at the moment and washing my hands is a whole bother. And I have to wash my hands a lot! :)

Karen said...

I really want to see Julie and Julia... I've heard it's great. Maybe I'll have to go rent it this weekend.

Also, popovers always look so delicious to me but I don't have a popover pan and I actually don't know that I've ever even had on! BUT, I think they totally count as something new. I'd count it!

amber said...

I hate how when you wear a bandage and your finger gets all pruny and gross and they never fail to leave sticky residue on at least a small portion of my finger.

Unknown said...

i also hate washing my hands when im wearing a bandaid.

and whats a popover?