Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Looking Back at June

I cannot believe that today is the last day of June. This summer is sure flying by. I haven't really documented too many events this month so I thought I would finish off with a review of things I have yet to talk about.

June 6th - My family helped my maternal grandparents celebrate their 60th Anniversary. I can't imagine being 60 years old, let alone married for that long. Congrats to them!

June 12th - Mitch and I made Bob Barker proud and had Crickett spayed. It was sad seeing her drugged up the afternoon we brought her home but the next day she was back to her rambunctious self.

June 19th - I rode along with Mitch for the first time. He was working the night shift so I got to see a bit of what happens on a Friday night/Saturday morning from 10:00 pm until 2:00 am. It was interesting and surprisingly fun. I'm looking forward to going again.

June 23rd - Mitch and I used our new grill for the first time. The hamburgers and hot dogs were delicious.

June 26th - Mitch and I bought the the lumber for our fence, which will (hopefully) be started next week. The evening was supposed to be a date night with dinner and a movie but it ended up being just dinner. About 20 minutes into the movie, the tornado sirens went off and we headed back home. We've had some pretty intense storms this month.

June 27th - My father's side of the family got together for my aunt's wedding. The ceremony was short (three minutes!) and sweet and the karaoke that night was very entertaining. It's always a lot of fun spending time with my family, especially the girls!

6 comments:

amber said...

You have had a busy month!

Tyler and I tried to see a band last Friday, but ended up going home because of the sirens. We didn't want his car to get hail damage or anything. ☺

That is so awesome that your grandparents have been married 60 years. Wow! Not every couple is so lucky to have shared so many years together.

Good luck with the fence!

teacherwoman said...

WOw. This month really has gone by fast! Looks like you had a good one.

We, too, will be celebrating my maternal grandparents 60th anniversary this August! Crazy!

Unknown said...

cricket is ready to get that fence built!! she looks so cute sitting on the lumber.

Caity said...

What a busy month! I love the pictures. :D

Kerri Farley said...

Congrats to your grandparents!!
What a full month you've had!

Kris said...

Aw, your pup is so cute! And congrats on your grandparents 60th anniversary! I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being married for that long. :)