Monday, February 4, 2008

Honeymoon Day 6, Part 1

On the morning of the sixth day of our honeymoon, my husband and I did some hiking in the Ko'olau mountains overlooking Kane'ohe Bay. The rainforest was absolutely beautiful - the tree canopy kept us dry despite the rain and the smell of fresh air and plants was intoxicating. This had to be one of my favorite days because we got to see the green mountains and blue sea that you associate with Hawaii.


My husband and me at the beginning of our tour. Our hiking path started at the edge of one of Oahu's golf courses.
My husband hiking.
A plant that neither my husband nor I can remember the name of - if anyone knows the name, please let me know!
Wild roosters. They enjoy the tour groups as the tour guide will break open nuts for them to eat.
One of the many beautiful trees on the tour.
Beautiful green view.
If you look to the right side of the picture (about a third of the way in), you will see Gilligan's Island.
Me hiking.
My husband and me at the waterfall.

2 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

Beautiful! Just look at those trees! Wow.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh these are Beautiful shots!
How GREEN! I am longing for GREEN right now.

Sorry I haven't been around much...not feeling all that great
:(