Saturday, June 30, 2007

Here Kitty Kitty

Last night my fiance and I went to look at a new place. We are currently in an apartment that we like but our neighbors are less than ideal. So, when a coworker told my fiance about a house she was renting and that she was leaving next month, he told her we were interested and wanted to see it.

The coworker wasn't home when we arrived so we let ourselves in through the back door as she had instructed. The first part of our tour included the kitchen, bathroom, living room, and bedroom on the main floor. The rooms were messy, but nothing was out of the ordinary. Upstairs, there was a master bedroom. While in the bedroom I noticed white fur all over the carpet. I asked my fiance if his coworker had a cat and he said he wasn't sure. We both forgot about it as we continued our tour down to the basement. Not a single light switch we tried worked in the lower level, so we had to venture on in the dark. I stayed at the bottom of the steps while my fiance looked around. He found the second fridge he was told about and decided to open the door to shed some light on the room. The room was not illuminated for very long, though. Turns out the coworker did have a cat - in the fridge! I couldn't believe my ears when my fiance told me, so I had to look for myself. Yes, there it was - a dead cat laying on the top shelf next to the normal fridge contents. I was completely horrified and even more disgusted when, several seconds later, the smell hit. Needless to say, we left the house after our little discovery.

I don't think we will be moving into that house any time soon.

3 comments:

Girl of Approval said...

That's so disturbing. The cat is dead, but they can't clean up, the cat is dead but they keep it in the fridge? I mean, if you're going to store a dead pet long-term, use the freezer

But no, don't move in there. Bad vibes.

Joel said...

(Found your comment on my friend Pat's blog, "Pining for Margaret Yang.")

Is the house, per chance, also on an Indian Burial Ground?

I agree. This is disturbing.

-JJK

utenzi said...

That is a freaky thing to discover. Dead cat in an extra fridge--in the basement. It's like something out of a B-horror film.