Thursday, June 21, 2007

Resolutions

My birthday is resolution day. January 1st has nothing on my birthday; June 2nd is this girl's "New Year." My birthday is the day I reflect over the past year and think about the next year. This is the day that I decide what I want to stop doing, continue doing, and start doing. So, while a little late, here are my 2007-2008 resolutions.

Stop
* freaking out about having fingernails (ridiculous, I know!). I absolutely hate them and the minute I see growth, out comes the clippers. This needs to stop as it's stupid and often very time-consuming. I need to learn to be content with the fact that the nails are here to stay - or at least how to ignore them.
* complaining about and avoiding my share of household chores (can't imagine why I would do such a thing!).

Continue
* working on my running. This past year I got back into running after a six-year break. College was great for the mind but not the body. I have come a long way, but I have a long way to go if I want to obtain one of my life goals of running a marathon.
* working on my photography. I received a D-SLR from my fiance last week and I have a lot to learn about it.
* dedicating time to friends and family. I can't neglect the important people in my life when I began working again.

Start
* exploring more. I've lived in this city for almost a year and know very little about it. My fiance and I went out on our bikes tonight and I got to see a whole part of town that I never knew existed. Plus, I found my dream home! Perhaps I will be creepy and snap a picture if I ride by again.
* expanding my exercise routine. Weight-training and stretching are two things that definitely need to be incorporated into my life. They don't appeal to me like running but they are important, especially to improve my running, so I need to make some kind of effort.

I'm sure there are a dozen more things I could add to each category, but they have escaped me at this time. I probably don't need to add anymore, though. I will have my hands full with these things. Hands with fingernails. Ick.

1 comment:

Girl of Approval said...

LOL. The fingernail bit made me laugh. I just don't get why you hate there. They serve a purpose, protect your softer skin and provide you with built in tools.

Good luck with all that is on your plate. I think you'll accomplish all that and more, well maybe not the fingernail thing. I don't have much hope for that. :)