Wednesday, April 11, 2012

February 2012

Life updates from February 2012.

February 4th - Skated in my second roller derby bout.  Even more fun than the first one!  (I'll talk more about it when I do my official "roller derby update" post.)



February 10th - My sister recently joined a small group of artists to help form a local artist co-op.  They have rented an old building downtown and have set up a beautiful little gallery.  While I wasn't able to make it to their opening reception in December, I did make it to their February show.  So many incredible pieces of art - I wish I was rich so I could fill my house with the beautiful work of local talent.  Here is my sister with her "Burn, Breath, Grow, Flow" series.



February 18th - My sister returned to skating after a little "break"!  (More details to come with my official "roller derby update" post.)



February 20th - Sissy and I spent the afternoon doing some thrifting.  Among her finds was a giant ball of yarn that I thought looked like a spaghetti-covered meatball.  This was also the first time I had ever visited our local antique mall.  I can't believe I had never been there - the place is amazing!  I think my jaw dropped the minute we walked in and didn't close until we left the building.  Next time I go, I'm scheduling lots of time so that I can fill my camera card up with all the amazing photo opportunities!



Tomorrow: March 2012 update!

No comments: