Friday, June 11, 2010

A One-Track Mind

Last night, Mitch discovered a mouse in one of our window wells. I wasn't home to see what my dear husband described as a "moving rock with beady little eyes," and I've never been happier to have had to work. I'm plenty disgusted just thinking about the little creature being in our yard and that close to our house, I can't imagine what I would have done had I been home. Anyhoo, I digress.

Mitch mistakingly showed Crickett the trapped mouse and she became completely infatuated. Even after Mitch caught the mouse and released it in a nearby field, Crickett continued to watch the window, believing the little guy to still be in the well.


Crickett refused to come upstairs. She would not budge from her spot by the window for anything. She just sat and sat at her post, whining.


Mitch and I both held her up to the window to show her that the mouse was gone, but she didn't believe us. We took her outside so she could look down into the window well, but that didn't work either. The phrase, "out of sight, out of mind" definitely didn't apply in this situation.


I love this little girl's passion for the things that are important to her.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

That is too cute!