Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Rest of the Week

The second half of last week:

Thursday. The school I work at had its second night of spring conferences. The parents that came in to see me were great, even if their child wasn't/isn't doing well. There is a different mentality in this town compared to the last town in which I taught; parents hold their children accountable and don't simply point fingers at the teacher.

Friday. Mitch and I had half of our date night. We went out for dinner and then did a little shopping. We looked at patio furniture and then visited a few stores to look at home decor. We've been in our house about three months now and while nothing on the walls didn't bother me for the first two months, it bothers me now. The problem is I don't have any ideas. Not a single, stinkin' one. Our shopping trip didn't help either - other than to provide us with opportunities to goof around and do a lot of laughing.


Later that evening, two of my cousins stopped by on their way through to Las Vegas. As always, it was a lot of fun hanging out with them and I didn't get to bed until 3:00 am. That evening truly reinforced how old I'm getting. First of all, I could not remember the last time I stayed up that late (still can't) and secondly, it took me all day Saturday to recover. Old gray mare ain't what she used to be, as my husband would say.

Saturday. Mitch, Crickett, and I napped the day away. That evening, Mitch and I had the second half of our date night and watched the two movies we had rented on Friday. We watched "Marley and Me" which was good and made me cry like a baby. We also watched "Deliverance" which made me cringe at it's awfulness. Why did we watch it? Well, it's a movie that's been on my list forever because it is referenced so often in other movies and on television shows, so I thought it could be the movie I watch off my list for 2009. While ridiculously horrible, I'm still counting it!

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear conferences went well! And, it sounds like you had a great weekend as well!

amber said...

Your weekend sounds like lots of fun. I love those pictures of you and Mitch. Hilarious.

If you're looking for decorating inspiration check out www.apartmenttherapy.com

There are some awesome home interiors on there!