Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Ornaments

I have spent these past three days in my hometown for a conference (a beneficial conference at that!). Lucky for me, I have had a chance to spend some quality time with my family in the evenings and last night that included decorating the Christmas tree with my sister.


Do you have any ornaments that go on the tree every year and Christmas just wouldn't be the same without them? We have several like that, one our favorites pictured below. We're not sure where she came from (if it's a she), but every year she hangs at the bottom of the tree, dangling and spinning in circles.


My Christmas would definitely be a little brighter without the ornament below. I hate the thing (can you blame me for not wanting to see my 6th-grade picture displayed year after year?) but it sure brings a warm and fuzzy feeling to my sister who insists on hanging it at the top of the tree every Christmas. She calls me the "family star." I think I've been the "star" long enough.


*For more ridiculous school pictures, click here.*

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Hey! I think I have that picture! Somewhere! Very nice!

Kerri Farley said...

We do this too! My son has a "Scooby-Doo" ornament, my daughter a "Tweety", my hubby a "Three Stooges" and I have a Baby Jesus in the manger. Maybe I'll take a pic of each one of them before we put them on the tree and post them.

Sad to say that I do NOT have my tree up yet....this holiday does stress me out some :)