Thursday, May 19, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Keep the Weeds

I've been easily distracted by the windows in my office lately.  Sunshine, radiant blue skies, and budding trees.  And today, a fluttering Red Admiral on a bright yellow dandelion.  Spring.  She sure is lovely.

Seeing the butterfly today reminded me of a post from May 2012 that's been sitting in my drafts folder here on the blog.  I'm not sure why I never published the post but I thought today would be a good day to do it.


Keep the Weeds

While trying to study for my last final yesterday I let the window distract me again; I'm so glad I did.

Dandelions are running rampant here this spring and our yard is no exception.  I've always thought the yellow weed was too cute and cheerful to be disliked and yesterday it gave me another pretty reason to enjoy them.  While looking out at the yard, I noticed a butterfly fluttering about and landing on the bright orbs.


Of course I dropped what I was doing, grabbed my camera, and ran outside.  It felt wonderful to be out in the warm sun, breathing the spring-scented air, watching this Red Admiral hop from one dandelion to the next.


At one point I even had two of these lovely insects flying around me.  Apparently I'm not the only one who appreciates the "pesky" perennial.  If this is what weeds bring to our yard, I say we keep them!

No comments: