Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day

I'd love to tell you how my first day of school went, but I skipped out and stayed home instead. Okay, I'm lying, but the thought did cross my mind.

Today was a workshop day so nothing exciting or helpful to report on that front. (I hope that some day during my teaching experience I get to be part of a productive and beneficial back-to-school workshop.) There was, however, a lot of excitement in my head and heart. A great way to sum it all up would be "a roller coaster ride." My thoughts and emotions ranged from "This is going to be a fun year!" to "How am I going to make it nine months?" Overall, I'd give it a rating of an okay day. I have a feeling I'll be able to call tomorrow a good day. I'm even going to be brave and say that I think I'll have some great days in the near future. It seems like a good school to be at.

To celebrate the first day of my new job, my parents, sister, husband, and I went out for dinner. It was a good meal and nice conversation. Not only did I get to go out for dinner, but my parents bought me a new lunch bag and filled it with lots of snacks! It doesn't get any better than that!

I hope you all had a wonderful Tuesday!

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Yes, we had our first day of workshop today, and I am glad to say that it started off quite well. Most of the afternoon was given to do some paperwork, so I didn't mind at all!

Cheers to a new school year!

Liz Harrell said...

Any day that end with a meal out is a good day! :) Hope today is good too.

Kerri Farley said...

How sweet of your parents! Just like your "first day" when you were a youngster I'm sure!!
I hope all goes well this upcoming year!!